Thursday, November 26, 2009



Happy Thanksgiving to all who wander to these parts. I am thankful for your presence.

Today is a day to put aside the worries and concerns about what isn't and what we don't have and focus on what is good and what we do have, which is substantial. I guess it is what I would call a celebration of the half full glass versus the half empty. A day to be optimistic and reflective.

I sit here looking out the window in the physically beautiful and peaceful location, with family around [sleeping as they may be], the sky is gray and, misty and it is quiet. [obviously the picture here is not from today] The clouds hang over the ridge line almost suspended from above and being carried to the south. If I listen intently I can hear the bells on the church across town counting off the hours. The air us still.

I'll go out for a run in a little bit, a chance to do something I am learning to love but am having difficulty fitting into the schedule. Then back for a slow day of feasting and resting and connecting. My glass is definitely more than half full and I and thankful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jeff,

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

~ Melissa and family