Sunday, March 25, 2012

I think like all places it has been unseasonably warm but supposed to get down to the 40s this week. The daffodils are up and blooming an entire month early. The vernal pools are full and peepers making quite a racket. Spring is definitely here. The early morning light of spring, which enables me to run early, isn't here yet. But on the other end, the later sunsets give a little more time on before dinner.

I have this saying that there are times that I feel like my get up and go just got up and left and most weekends have been like this and definitely tonight.

It's the end of a weekend, I haven't been on here much oe around to other blogs I check in on. A combination of loosing all my bookmarks and still trying to recover software and files from the crash, numerous projects juggling and a couple of my volunteer gigs raising money and a lot of work related shit that drains the energy.

Yesterday was a burn day. The weather good, wind not heavy and a good chance to get rid of the Christmas tree which when I saw it in the yard I recalled how almost all the needles had fallen of it by the time I dragged it out of the house. Lots of dead limbs in the yard and it was dry enough to pull vines down out of trees and cut up some half fallen trees and of course there are the wood pallets that the wood pellets came on. Use to be that you had to trek into the fire department to get a permit and then call on the day you are burning to get put on the list. Now its a county web link that tells you if you can burn on that day and then sends you to an application to records your address and cell phone number, in case you call with an out of control fire, I guess. Then automatically sends you the permit to print down. Easy enough and I am sure it saves the fire departments from having to deal with this. A little bit of the small town stuff lost but in this case progress is good and easier.

A few hours later and I am done with that project and shortly there after learning of the different muscle groups used in pulling vines out of trees that I normally don't use. I am in pretty good shape and usually don't feel much after running or working out or even moving a couple tons of pellets, so that I notice this is remarkable. And of course there comes the tick check when all is done, always made more difficult because my usually 20/20 vision is very fuzzy and unbalanced at close-up and using glasses for this task is a challenge. Ah such daunting obstacles I face. :-D.

Today was another college visit, this time around they are accepted student days so there is a schedule and program and keeping for being overloaded with information and as a parent struggling for that balance between wanting information recognizing that accepting a new level of independence is called for.

Next week winds down a big mailing on a new fundraiser I am coordinating to support a group of programs from a soup kitchen, to community support meetings (AA, NA, teen violence) and general emergency support for those on the fringes that are in need. A new initiative that has taken a while to pull together. The end of the week is my final high school musical volunteer marathon working 5 shows and then counting up and tracking all the concessions money. After 8 years I am ready to be done. Having already backed away qite a bit, especially since I haven't had a kid involved in the past 2 years, this is the final step and I am ready to pass things on. I think I'd be a bit more nostalgic if I had someone still involved but for the past couple years I have been paying back for what others gave to the program and my kids. So it will be a busy week and will distract me from work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I applaud you for the fund raising. I did my duty as fund raiser for the YMCA for many many years and although I missed parts of it, when Bob and I finally left it to others, I was relieved to do so. Takes up a lot of time and enegry. BUT, well worth the effort.I think this spring we have had more WIND storms than anything.
So many branches broke, fell down, and like you wines that are 2 inches thick or more, needing to come out. Everything is so green here! And so many bushes, flowers and trees blooming or on the way out from blooming. Very mild winter turned to spring for a few weeks and then it seems like we went directly into summer with the 85-89 degree temp. Hummmmm...makes you wonder if the summer will be fiercly HOT!! Sorry to hear your CP crashed. That is a real pain in the butt! Sure hate computer problems. Hope you enjoy your spring and are able to get out and run soon!!! ...debbie