Thursday, March 31, 2011

Every time I watch this it makes me smile. My kids chose to go to a regional high school in a neighboring town, rather than the high school down the street from where we live. The local schools have an excellent academic reputation and are definitely much closer, but the neighboring school offered more diversity and options and was a better fit with my kids. Fortunately in Massachusetts you can "choice" into another district and your town pays the tuition.

Among the many things I love about this school is the spirit and creativity and how this is nurtured and promoted by the students teachers and administrators, in addition to academic excellence. I have seen this in so many areas and the following video is one of them.


I know of few schools that can involve a third of the student body in a project including the principal and vice principal and many teachers, yet Monument does it again and again.

"This is the Lip Dub that Monument Mountain Regional High School filmed in December 2010. Around 200 students showed school spirit and amazing talent. This is Robert Adler's independent study project. It took him just under 3 months to produce and make it what it became"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was really neat!! I liked the song, and the kids, teachers, everyone, did a great job!! Were your kiddos in it?? What a fun thing to take part in!! ...debbie

Anonymous said...

Yes mine were there in costume.


Jeff

janet said...

We both loved watching this...at 2 am even! It looks like a great school.
Janet and David