Friday, February 25, 2011

So, it snowed several inches last night then this morning started to rain then it was back to snow then rain and it is predicted to return to snow later tonight. Will you make up your freakin mind.

Fortunately I got out there with the shovel just as it was turning to rain so I was able to clear our long driveway before it became heavy slush. With the weather being so unpredictable and my opportunity for running or skiing have been limited, I did some pre-workout warm-ups and headed out with the shovel rather than start up the plow. A pretty good 45 minute workout when I pushed the speed a bit and with another series of stretches, my back is fine.

The last day of vacation and actually much of what was reasonable on my big list was accomplished. Items like "clean out the basement" or "sort through the beer can collection (a holdover from the 70s)" didn't make it to the action step but then just looking at a basement can be enough to make you seek out the beer. It really not that bad, it's more that with a half dozen bikes over various sizes and conditions, skateboards and scooters and several pairs of skis and piles and cases of old record albums, figuring out what to do with them is the overwhelming part. More a warm weather project.

I am procrastinating working on a volunteer project tonight but will get to it after I post this. I've been working it for a while and its at a stage where I have to pass off a bit of it to someone else but need to write up explicit instructions on what the next step is. Too much thinking, but I'll do it to get it moving and also because I sense I'll be taking on another project next week.

So, if your eyes have been wandering down the page to the picture you may be wondering what is with this.



It's a picture in the fish department of a large Asian supermarket in Boston. There this past weekend to see my eldest in a college theatrical performance, this market is adjacent to a marketplace of food stalls serving various cuisines: Thai, Korean, Japanese, Indian, Chinese. Based in a pretty ethically diverse neighborhood, down the start from a major university the food was good and cheap. The market was fascinating and provided an opportunity to stock up on herbs and oils and sauces that are unbelievably cheap when compared with the basic Stop and Shop and the quantities are huge by comparison.

The fish in this tank looked interesting and my youngest wanted a picture taken with it, which is why it is cropped. But the water looked a little murky. The whole fish on ice looked more appealing but with a 2 hour drive home I was risking none of it.

Well as I look at the clock, that project needs to be done and it will probably take me much less time than procrastinating.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your weather sounds like the Pitts. Luckily here we have had just some rain, super high winds, and today it's getting up to 52! with SUN!!! Love it, haven't seen it much this winter! Tomorrow, Jeff, it's going to be 60!! (heh, heh, heeeh) and MONDAY...66 What do you think of THAT my friend!! Pretty neat huh?! I'll think of you shoveling ice and snow as I sit with my face eating up the sun!

The fish tank has some weird looking fish. Of course I've got to tell you, I have no idea what different fish look like...we don't have any fresh swimming fish in West Virginia! lol I can see where your youngest would find it fun. Hope you got your program written. I am going to start doing the trim in the kitchen. Got it all taped yesterday. Usually I don't need tape, but I've got wallpaper to deal with, thus the tape. Bob and I are meeting our daughter for our usual Saturday afternoon lunch. It's become a nice habit recently. Have a great weekend!! Think of me enjoying the sun... :o) ...debbie

Jeff- in the Berkshires said...

Sounds definitely like spring is in your neck of the woods. It still has a while to go here as we have already had a little more snow. My first day back to work took 90 minutes to get in as it was raining but 29 and there were some pile ups that stopped highway traffic for several miles coming out of the hills. Something that not that usual out here. Normally it takes me half that time.

Predictions for 50 later in the week. Whahoo!

The fish in the front tank are Bass. I am use to seeing them in lakes and they aren't as big as these.

Good luck with the kitchen. One of these vacations I'll be tackling bathrooms (oh joy).

Enjoy your sun!!

Jeff