Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas


It’s a quiet day in the Berkshires. A mild snow covering makes it a white Christmas without the burdens of a blizzard, which have happened on many a Christmas. It’s a little warmer than it has been in days, actually close to 30.

The tree is all decorated and by now the presents are all unwrapped and we are doing not much more than relaxing and doing family things. I went out for a short run in a late afternoon as a little gift to myself, very little activity and just "warm" enough that it was comfortable after the blood is pumping.




Around the neighborhood the Christmas lights are on. It is peaceful and a time to slow down. Perhaps that is what I have felt missing and some of what Christmas is about.







Merry Christmas to all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a quiet day here too. All family members have gone and it's just Bob and myself enjoying a little peace and quiet. I love the riot of the grandkids, they are so cute. Running and yelling and playing with their new Barbi's and other toys...but it also very nice to be able to sit quietly and reflect...most just sit quietly with my feet up!!...debbie