Monday, December 28, 2009



Its a snowy day in the Berkshires and the first real day of a week vacation. I don't really count the days up to Christmas and the traveling days afterward as vacation as they seem a blur.




Walking out the driveway for the paper this morn, with camera in hand, I turned and saw my shadow. I clicked a quick picture, which I think shows up but am not really sure, as immediately afterward the shadow disappeared.

I will say that the feeling of being there one moment and then not the next was a bit unsettling and it took me a few moments to put it together that a cloud had passed over the sun. [I allow myself to be a little on the slow side on vacation.]

But the thought, and that feeling, has stayed with me all day. You are here one moment and then you aren't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well...one good thing to remember is: It's just a cloud. And, you are in the hear and now, so all is well!! No creepy feelings aloud on your vacation. That's too much thinking. It snowed here today too, was so cold - 26...doen't usually get that cold here but is going to be in the 20's all week!! ugh!! your probably used to it! I have some yankee blood in me, but I think it's been deluted over the years. I was born in Connecticut. Stay warm!! enjoy your vacation...debbie