Sunday, October 4, 2009

To me there is something very beautiful about a fog. Especially when, such as this, the sun is coming through in some parts and you can see the highlights of what is hidden.

This is Laurel Lake. I have posted pictures of it many times before as it is close to home and on the main north south road in the Berkshires. A favorite kayaking spot except for this summer as it has been closed off for boating due to an infestation of zebra mussels. The concern is that tiny baby mussels will adhere to any boat in the lake and will then contaminate the next body of water it visits.


These little mussels are also hidden from most as it much of the lake in this fog.


Today I had an experience that warmed my heart and lightened my soul. People can sometimes be amazing in their understanding and compassion and in being just genuinely good; all in a very understated and normal way. I have experienced this several times but today was the most recent and it makes me smile.

Joy and peace to all who visit here.

1 comment:

janet said...

Joy and peace to you, too, Jeff.
Very nice shots of the fog. That same foggy Sunday I took some shots of our dump (transfer station) in the fog. Even that looked nice, but your Laurel Lake is lovely, zebra mussles or not.