Saturday, October 10, 2009



One of the reasons I like the Berkshires is the natural beauty that is so plentiful and so readily accessible. Of course given the primary topic of this blog, that statement is more than obvious.




These are pictures I took from the borders of our yard and the woods out back just wandering around for a few minutes. The air is so clear and the colors so bright.



A beautiful early fall day. The temperature in the mid 50 is cool enough for long sleeves yet the sun bright enough for sun glasses. The woods are thinning out as the nights are getting cooler. The leaves dropping from the bushes and trees open up views that have been hidden since late spring.



The sound of shots at dawn and dusk indicate that hunting season ( I don't know which) has begun making some of the woods off limits. A few bears have been spotted wandering down the street at night on their way back to the deeper woods of the forests. The night winds seem stronger, which usually is the case that these start thinning the trees out more and filling the yard with leaves. Not something I look forward to and one of the down sides of living near the woods. Though if I am fortunate, the strong winds will make my job a little easier and relocate some of the leaves to where I don't need to deal with them.

No comments: