Friday, April 3, 2009

April Fool's Spoof


One of the signs of spring in the Berkshires and especially on April 1st is the annual spoof of Red Lion Inn. The Red Lion is an institution, and has been for many year, in Stockbridge on Main Street.

Driving past at 7:00 in the morning for a school drop off is this huge banner reading Welcome AIG Executive Retreat. There is the the usual double take until it click what the date is. I remember the first year we were doing the school run, there was another banner announcing that the inn was being converted to condos. I have to admit that it suckered me in good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to finally hear from you again. I am a lover of April Fool's jokes!! This AIG Executive Retreat is a real hoot! Got a chuckle out of that. I enjoyed the photo too. It's neat. - Will continue to check back for more posts!...debbie

janet said...

It's good to have neighbors with a sense of humor. I'm glad you're back, and with a picture!