Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Stuff in the road

The rain is heavy, the clouds are low, the wipers are working furiously to keep the vision clear, motion everywhere, claps of loud noise, people trying to pass you and people holding you up.



Oh, you think I am talking about being in the car and these pictures? I guess I can see why but I am not.

A friend posted on her blog that she felt like a squirrel in the road, dashing back and forth, not sure which direction safety lies.



While she has big time issues going on with the well-being and future of a child I think this feeling is all to common.

I am feeling at times like that squirrel and the deer in the headlights. Not sure what direction to go, questioning myself when I make a decision on direction and like both freeze in indecision and sometimes letting time make the decision for me.

At work lately I am neither of these, which is good, but in a way I am both of these. I don't freeze from total indecision, I freeze because another issue has come up that is more immediate and seems to keep pushing everything off to the side. Then when the items that were pushed aside become crucial I lecture myself about having gotten into the situation to begin with.

And then there are the home issues that can only be dealt with during the day but get trampled in the stampede, the carpenters, winter approaching that all compete for space in an already crowded mind.

Its a no win and not a good place to be at.

But I am tenacious and resilient, so I turn up the speed on the wiper and take some more deep breaths, chip away and dream of my run tomorrow morning, when I just accomplish something for me.

No comments: