Wednesday, December 28, 2011

It really doesn't seem like it is December 28th. Last night was heavy rain and today was kind of a mix. The last few days its been cold and a mixture of flurries and snow. Neither winter nor fall.

Being on vacation this week and exposed to more food than usual, thanks to a son who loves to bake and is very good at it, I have been trying to get some miles in running on the treadmill in the basement. While I can work up a good sweat, the challenge is that the tread movement isn't always even and can jump, so if I don't hold on I could easily end up on the floor. But holding on is bad form and leads to uneven strides and lower back aches. So in this more mild weather what better motivation to hit the street.





The mist over the hills and over the fields is of course beautiful and while lush green foliage of summer is stunning there is a simpler more visible beauty in nature that is exposed without the leaves and brush. As I ran the snow flurries began and soon were pelting me like rice confetti at a wedding, but soon they too moved on.


On a day like this, it is hard to believe that this is what is was a year ago today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! WHAT A DIFFERENCE A YEAR MAKES HUH?? How nice to have a son that bakes!! I love goodies...I will be starting back on my eliptical come Jan 1 ...if I can haul my Arsh on the pedels!! ...debbie HAPPY NEW YEAR JEFF!!