Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Solid fluff easily up to my knee and just overnight.

It was enough to grind most things to a halt, which is very unusual these days. I can't recall when I last had a declared snow day from work and not a delayed opening or taking it off by my choice. It was nice.

I brought some work home just in case and could have easily logged into my virtual desktop at work but it never happened. A little fried from a coupe days of intense trainings and volunteer meetings, it was a welcome respite. Even better, the kids were home to do the plowing and shoveling and my youngest very eager to do it.



So I just chilled, walked around for a bit in my new snowshoes and found that it was too fluffy for them and retreated inside to do some volunteer emails and writing and not much more.



Everyone should get an occasional snow day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, a real day off is so nice. My hubby will also agree to that. Your photo's are really pretty and look really cold. The snow looks mighty deep too!! How nice to have your kids volunteer to do the shoveling!! You've got it made in the shade Jeff!! Be safe walking and driving!! ...debbie