Saturday, December 11, 2010

Cleaning out the pellet stove today, I grabbed the vacuum to suck up some leftover ashes when I smelt something odd. Smoke was coming from the vacuum and on closer examination, the bag. A stray spark had hidden itself and was sucked in and enjoying the feast of the paper bag. Dumping it out in the snow, it refuses to go out (this thing is only 6 inches long) so I just leave it to do its thing as I go back to doing mine.

I have been fighting with the stove for weeks, it not adjusting well to the new stock of pellets and me continuing to adjust it and dump it out with success seeming to be farther and farther away. So this final event pretty much sums up the experience and for that much my week. Stove fighting pellets, pellets fighting stove, me fighting pellets and stove, staff fighting staff (figuratively) and eventually me......It went on and on.

So now, as I get ready to pack up to leave to chaperone a teen group sleepover ................................................

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A teen group sleepover. lol Well, that should be a real push over. If it's all girls, they will giggle and dance, if it's boys, they will play basketball and fart...have fun! If it's mixed...Bless you!! lol ...debbie

Jeff- in the Berkshires said...

It was a mixed group of great kids. For most of the night we all baked cookies for a fund raiser the next day then a movie during which everyone fell asleep, including me. At 3:30AM the sound of the dvd scene selector music going on and on wakes me up and I had to figure out how to quiet down without messing with the computer. But it was fun and needless to say, by 8 last night I was down for the count.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time! Our kids had great friends too, and it was a lot of fun having them over. There ARE a lot of wonderful kids around, the papers make teenagers out to be such wild, unruly humans around these days. I think most kids love to cook! My kids did and now my grandkids love to cook. Lucky you! And I hope you sold them all at the Fund Raiser...debbie