Thursday, November 25, 2010

The morning is cold, the dawn with its reddish casts......night yielding to day. By now the sky is bright though the clouds mask the sun. A day that seems so much like the look and feel of so many Thanksgiving days gone by.

I am thankful for many many things but I am especially thankful for awareness.

Happy Thanksgiving to all


I am searching through a new awareness and am curious where it will bring me. Some of the time that I am trying to carve is in exploring art. In this form it is more random. Loosing myself in the process and working with the paper and fabric and trying not to think too much about what I am creating as much as letting it create itself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH! That's pretty Jeff!! Love all the different colours! Just placing and not really thinking about it will bring about the most pleasing result I would imagine. Then when finished, a few quick changes and wow! A beautiful work of art! Are you taking a class or just doing it at home? Keep up the pleasing art work!...debbie

janet said...

It reminds me of seaglass, and I like it a lot!

Jeff- in the Berkshires said...

Thanks...I realized that I said that the placement is random but it actually isn't. Like all art there is some mindfulness but it is altered as each new piece is added.

Debbie this was actually part of church class called "landscaping the soul". Really cool.