Saturday, August 7, 2010

Someone I know who is several years younger than me was just diagnosed with Lymphocytic Leukemia; a friend who thought cancer was completely in gone years ago finds a lump; a coworker, also younger than me, is a candidate for a pacemaker; a close family member is looking at potential foot surgery; 120 people at the local hospital just lost their jobs, my daughter come back from a trip a speaks of witnessing poverty in the midst of vast wealth and of how some of her friend here can't grasp of life changing such witnessing is.

I just finished a 4 mile run, am getting ready for an afternoon of biking with my son and an evening at Tanglewood.

There is so much that I can't control and can't change and in comparison with what others face, my issues and problems seem pretty insignificant. I can be mindful and appreciate the gifts I have and recognize them as gifts.

No comments: