Monday, January 4, 2010



So what do I have in common with this picture? Well I have a new shirt about the color of these tulips and on this first day back to work from vacation I am drooping almost as much as they are. But while they have found their way into the compost, I have retreated to blogland and Farmville. Yes, I dare admit that I have become moderately hooked at Farmville on Facebook. But while many load their farms with buildings and animals and decorations [this really doesn't make sense if you haven't seen it, I know], I have gone for planting just crops that look nice when ripe and have harvested so many that I can now start "buying" trees, so far well over a hundred.[Yes I know this really does sound strange] So in the virtual world of Facebook, I am doing my part in decreasing CO2. How is that for escape!



The past few days have been blistering cold caused primarily by the wind. While it has looked like blizzard conditions and snow is everywhere, there isn't that much of it, maybe a few inches. But it is everywhere.

Reentering work and evening commitments after a vacation, especially when I disconnect completely from emails and voice mail is always tough. But spending time with the family and getting to see a couple of movies and just do nothing but the bare necessary chores has been good for the soul.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Farmville...I keep getting requests for sheep and run away horses to be found and a pig wandered off and would I help find it..lol...and I have yet to join Farmville. It's right up my alley too...country, animals, crops, fences, people to make up...sounds like fun. Just haven't done it yet. Not sure how to get started maybe. Not sure why. Your flowers looks pretty even though they are now in the dumpster. Tulips in Jan?
I love flowers and usually buy myself a bunch once a week or when ever they droop. Getting back to work was the pitts. Now I am retired and don't have to put up with "going back". But I remember the feeling of dragging myself into the bathroom to "get ready" and dragging myself down the steps to the garage, and trudging off to work. Just think tho!! By Wed you'll be in gear and rearing to go!! Have a great week!!...debbie

Jeff- in the Berkshires said...

Actually I can't stand those messages to "share" Farmville activity and always say don't publish. I know it can be annoying.

Yeah, tulips in January, though they lasted less than a week. :(