Thursday, January 14, 2010

Its been over a week since I checked the blog. Much more time than usual and my mind gets that fried feeling that when I think of writing something and in the end I up just zoning out.

Its been a tough couple of weeks on several fronts. Its been cold and very busy in our piece of the Berkshires and I find I am not getting out except for chores and little time for checking in with cyber-folk. The challenges of work and home and in the country and world feel like ever growing masses and have me a little overwhelmed and discouraged. Not a place I haven't been in the past and slowly worked out of but definitely not a good place to be. Needless to say my prayers have been more emphatic and pleading of late.

Last weekend we worked on the computer room, which translates into converting a room that was primarily storage of old books and files and a large computer work station into a more den like room. While I am not a pack rat, I have accumulated old books, family pictures and the computer seems to have its own pile of documentation, disks, printer supplies that seem to just multiply even though its been weeded out many times. Sort of like the mail which seems to be replaced on the pile faster than it can be resolved. I also manage what seems like oceans of information at work, both paper and electronic, and the last thing I want to do on off hours is tackle paperwork. It can be a challenge and source of conflict within the household because it mounts up and then even tackling it piecemeal never seems enough.

But the room does look much better and though far from done, it is improved and more functional. I'll be keeping the trash people busy for weeks moving out the pieces of the workstation little by little.

That is the update from here. Definitely more personal than usual and not too colorful but I am a tenacious optimist.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a good project to me. I am redoing the master bath. So far I have the carpet up, wallpapper off, trim painted. The counter top is in, but the sink is not. Either the the Flooring. Hurry up and wait. I think it's fun to redo a room. When you can do most of the work yourself, it's a pain, but worth it. Keeps you outta' trouble for sure! ...debbie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.