Sunday, January 31, 2010

At about 5-5:30 in the morning I am up and moving slowly looking for my first cup of coffee [I am a confirmed coffee-holic], then for a while I just sit in the dark by the window, the light of the flames from the stove make their way around the corners in the other room and create dancign shadows on the wall. Gazing in the sky I can still see stars and an occasional distant airplane. It is quiet.

The light begins to come up around the trees and the hills and it seems a peaceful hand off of night into day.



It is in these moments that I think, I meditate, I send out good thoughts to those I know and love and to folks I know only by name and sometimes just "be". It is my favorite time of the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about THAT time of day. But I can only do that when I'm in the mountains. There because the fireplace is our only source of heat and it plays nicely off the vaulted ceiling. I sit by the picture window and watch the light just beginning to top the mountain around six. I know the deer are out in the field, but can't see them until about 15 min. later. And they are there. All nine of them. chewing on the frosted grass. Sometimes I see a skunk amble across the yard, and do wish she'd leave. She had a family of 2 kits this year. Awful cute, but, I would rather they leave. I'm afraid our dog is going to run into them some morning while out doing his business. It is a quiet time. House is warm and I'll continue to look out until 8 am when the sun comes over the other side and peeks up over the tree lines and makes nifty sun lines through the fog or icy trees. The birds start chirping at 6 am every morning. Once the sun is up at around 8:15, the spell is broken and I start my day...debbie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.