Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Watching the ads

As some may have noticed there are little Google ads placed on the border. They don't come with the blog but are added. Each click and page read creates a fraction of a cent credit, which since I have two kids scarily close to college, is designated their way and as I tell them, every cent will help. But that is not the topic.

As I add another post I watch how the ads change. Because my topics often are about something in the Berkshires the ads will often be about the tourism in the Berkshires, which I am always happy to promote. But when I write about rocks or roads I see ads for paving or if I mention a church then christian retreat centers pop up or if I mention some other things I may see a dating service ad pop up. So with this post about ads I won't be surprised to see ads pop up about advertising or on any of the subjects I have just mentioned. I am very much someone who likes to observe behavior, whether it be in people, nature or in this case a software designed to "think".

So if you see the ads just know I have no control over what they are other than through the posts I write. If an ad comes up and stays that I don't want I can either take it down completely or write something different to get Google thinking in a different direction. So feel free to click away on the ads and know that the results are going to a good cause.

Its a gorgeous summer day in western Massachusetts and the Berkshires. Still a little on the humid which make the morning runs more of a challenge but I'll day this over the down pours or February snow any day.

Be well and be at peace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I'm curious, did you notice the ads change from that post?

Jack

Jeff- in the Berkshires said...

Well, I noticed a small change but not from the post. An ad is there of someone else with the name Jeff and for a short time one related to testing of kids.But the rest are related to the Berkshires which I guess is not unusual and the 5k for singles ad seems to be gone. So Google thinks?