Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Snowmen for Caleb





Vacationing in Wellfleet this summer I was struck by the various signs around calling for prayer and good thoughts for Caleb Potter. Injured in a scateboarding accident, he has been in and out of Mass. General since early July. I have stayed connected through a wonderful blog that his mom (along with friends and family) keep up. She not only shares how Caleb is doing but also how she and her family is fairing and the life lessons she is learning from this journey and passing them on as a teacher. I have never met Caleb and may never meet him, yet I find that I am drawn to this great challenge and his recovery and send good thoughts several times a day. I am also drawn by the response of those in his community and in the international community of good souls who also read this blog and comment with support and share experiences.

I believe people in general look to be good and caring, even with someone they won't know or most likely will never meet and that touches me in a way that is difficult to explain. If you are reading this, say a prayer for Caleb Potter and keep him in your thoughts. And also say a prayer for those like Caleb who don't have such a strong support network.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are wonderful. followed you here from Caleb's place.
-Lizzie in CT